[baylisa] Perverting web bugs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 31 15:50:08 PST 2002

Quoting David Alban (extasia at mindspring.com):

> If there's a chance that I can get one spammer on another's list,
> I'll do it, because, as I said, it's very cheap to do.  Do you think
> there's a chance?

It's a lovely thought, but spammers tend to live in a world of throwaway
webmail accounts and misdirection towards innocent parties.  If you can
nail down the spammer's physical location, some effective
countermeasures are possible, but that is increasingly difficult, too:
The days when you could cost Canter & Siegel reams of fax paper every
day and tie up their office employees' time are sadly only a memory.

rick at linuxmafia.com