Candidate Statement: Strata R Chalup

Strata Rose Chalup strata at virtual.net
Fri Oct 18 14:50:32 PDT 2002

Background:

Strata Rose Chalup is an incumbent Board member, and has been
wandering the country in a motorhome, missing meetings and
only loosely keeping up with BayLISA administration.  Despite
these well-honed character flaws, she always pops up out of the
woodwork with historical perspective, the contact info for
making reservations for the annual picnic, speaker suggestions,
and the like.  Still involved with Usenix and LISA, and likes
to see mutual benefit there without actually worrying about the
"SAGE Local Group" vs "SAGE Affiliated Group" boffinry.  Currently
in Philly, reappearing back in Silly Valley in December/January
timeframe.  Have modem, will travel.

Current priority:

I think we could be doing more to help and mobilize some of the
folks who are currently not working.  The baylisa-jobs list is
more active than ever, and has spawned one or two discussion lists.
Let's try to use some of the BayLISA infrastructure to help people
find constructive things to do to keep their skills sharp while
looking for work.  We've got some projects that have been languishing
for quite a while, since none of us has had time to really spec out
what needs doing and point people at it.  "Sancho, my horse!"

Disclaimer:

Almost certain to stay involved even if unelected.  Irritating vocal
minority.  Still runs well with scissors-- ventilation from a few
stumbles can double as turbo intake.

cheers,
Strata

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **