Here is candidate statement

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Thu Oct 17 18:47:28 PDT 2002

Alan sent his candidate statement to me as secretary, to take a look at.
He looks like a suitable candidate to me... per his permission, I'm
forwarding it to the membership at large.

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-

- -- -- -- -- -- attahed.

                          Candidate's Statement
                                   for
                         Board Member of BAYLISA

 Candidate's Name:    Alan G. Stewart

 Candidate's History:

    I am currently the NT/Unix System Administrator for West Valley -
 Misssion Community College District.  I  have been with the district
 going on 3 years this december.  I have been a Sun administrator for 10
 years, a HPUX administrator for 6 years, a AIX administrator for 2
 years, a Linux (SUSE & Redhat) administrator for 4 years and a NT
 administrator for 3 years.

    Also, I have been a part-time college instructor at Mission College,
 DeAnza College, Foothill College, and Ohlone College.  I have taught
 courses in UNIX from introductory to System Admin levels, including
 shell programming.

 BayLISA Activitites:

    I have been involved with BayLISA for 4 years and Usenix for 6
 years.   I have been attending the BayLISA board meetings for about
 the last 9 months to get familiar with the responsibilities of a
 board member.  I am helping out the board by doing script programming
 improvements to the BayLISA web server.

 BayLISA Board Goals/Objectives if I become a Board Memeber:

    I would like to see the following:
        1.    Increased attendance at monthly meetings
        2.    Help get college students and junior system administrators
	      to attend meeting/become members.
        3.    Increase membership.

 Alan Stewart