Sun CD-ROM problems

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Nov 26 13:46:53 PST 2002

> But ... the sun has two channels, have you tried the cdrom on the first
> channel together with the disk ?

Hmmm!  But "boot cdrom" worked on this cable.  We did have to strap it as a
master....

Privately, a couple people mentioned:

Jumpstart: Yes, but I want to have a local drive in the long run.  It's not
so much that I want to have Solaris running, as that I want to be sure this
machine is alive or dead, one or the other.  If "dead", it goes in the
garage sale.

Block length: That's for SCSI CD-ROMs IIRC.  And this one boots, just
rather slowly and with lots of spinning up and down.  I'll go try my
Solaris 7 CD and see if it's rounder.