[baylisa] pgp.mit.edu: connection refused

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 6 14:46:07 PST 2002

Quoting David Alban (extasia at mindspring.com):

> I'm getting:
>
>   $ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys $KEY_ID
>   gpg: requesting key $KEY_ID from pgp.mit.edu ...
>   gpg: can't get key from keyserver: Connection refused
>
> from two different domains.  Are others running into the same thing?

Yes.  A week or so ago was the first time I've tried to contact that
keyserver in a long time, and that's exactly what I encountered.

So, instead, I used pgp.dtype.org (Drew Streib's server).

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature  to help me spread.
Hi!p I'm a .signature spread virus! Copy into your ~/.signature to help me