SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Tue May 7 14:48:35 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:42:16PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 01:57:28PM -0700, Danny Howard wrote:
> >
> > Who needs exim?  I have procmail.
>
> I have procmail too :-)
>
> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
> Why?
>
> The reason why I  wanted SpamAssassin in local scan is that  I don't want to
> accept the damn spam in the first place.
[...]

Hrmmmm.

What about false positives?  This might not bother you, personally, but:

What about user concerns for false positives?

Lastly, I'd just as soon spammers not catch on that their messages are
being filtered, based on heuristic properties that they can avoid.  I
have a sneaky suspicion that a handful of spammers are already checking
their messages against SpamAssassin.  I have a feeling that before long,
SpamAssasin will lose its efficacy, thanks to an ever-increasing spiral
of spammers making SA-friendly e-mails, and SA having to adapt to ever
more ingenious heuristics.

Though, I was really just trying to be cute and point out that the
technology that you were advocating is already censoring you. :D

-danny