SpamAssassin at SMTP time with exim

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue May 7 14:42:16 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 01:57:28PM -0700, Danny Howard wrote:

> Who needs exim?  I have procmail.

I have procmail too :-)

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
Why?

The reason why I  wanted SpamAssassin in local scan is that  I don't want to
accept the damn spam in the first place.

* While my  code lets you  do that, I  don't like to  send mails to  the bit
  bucket, so you need to bounce them.
* Once you accept the spam, you can't bounce it half the time, or you bounce
  it to an innocent whose Email was  forged as an envelope sender (some spam
  even forges the bounce address to you)
* If I refuse spam  at SMTP time, it will remove the  spam addresses from at
  least  a few  lists (they  gotta  clean their  lists eventually  otherwise
  they'd spend more time Emailing dead addresses than good ones)

Marc