Verisign/NetSol: FW: Misleading Advertising

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Wed May 1 10:23:07 PDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:02:03PM -0700, Jim Hickstein wrote:
> I fired NSI some time ago, shortly after they started selling the WHOIS
> database in bulk.  Even after I took the trouble to opt out in writing, I
> still get spam at that address (which I now use for nothing else; it's
> slated to go directly to razor-report soon).
>
> Check out www.domainmonger.com, an OpenSRS reseller that I've found
> responsive to my needs.  One person there, when I asked whether they would
> ever sell the billing address which they necessarily compel me to provide,
> said, "Several people here would have to die horrible deaths before that
> would happen."  So far, I'm happy.  Nothing to disclose, just a satisfied
> customer.

I personaly went through with OpenSRS to become a reseller for them. At
this time I can register .com, .org, .net, .biz and .us with them. I had
already moved a few domains away from NetSol, either using other resellers
of OpenSRS or friends. Now all my domains are under my reseller setup.
Going to work on getting automatic payments in place at some point and
then will open up for public registrations (probably at $15/year on the
public interface). In the meantime if anyone from BayLisa needs a domain
moved, renewed, etc. feel free to ask me about it. All I care about is
getting the costs, ie if cash given, it will be $10/year, if Paypal
etc. is used and they charge me a fee, it would have to be $10 plus
the fee.

--
Regards, Ulf.