Future of .org is to be decided soon

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Tue Jul 16 10:56:34 PDT 2002

"Mark C. Langston" <mark at bitshift.org> writes:
> No problem.  After all, these are the folks that went against
> RFC2606 and made example.[com|net|org] resolve.  And yet they
> talk about "protecting the stability of the Internet" with a
> straight face.

They resolve, but they belong to IANA and resolve to a web server that
just displays a simple message saying what they are for.  I just
rereasd 2606, and it says "The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
(IANA) also currently has the following second level domain names
reserved which can be used as examples." about example.{com|net|org}.
I'd say they are following it just fine.