Future of .org is to be decided soon

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Jul 15 20:22:40 PDT 2002

> 501(c)(3) -- which is the applicable section in the Internal Revenue Code.

I don't believe BayLISA _has_ 501(c)(3) status.  We have to file a tax
return, and we might have taxable income, but have never had enough (net of
expenses) to pay taxes on it.  The figure $10,000 comes to mind.

Is Dan Miller, BayLISA's counsel, listening?  Dan, this question (is it a
501(c)(3) or  not) has come up a few times, and never been quite resolved.
Is it?  Nevermind lobbying, and whether this counts as lobbying.