Future of .org is to be decided soon

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Jul 15 15:56:31 PDT 2002

Well, this about sums it up:

--On Monday, July 15, 2002 02:45:35 PM -0700 "Mark C. Langston"
<mark at bitshift.org> wrote:

> I'd recommend BayLISA steer clear, as an organization.

As a non-profit, we are not permitted to engage in any political lobbying
(as I understand it).  If this isn't political, it's near enough to raise
doubts.

BayLISA _members_ can of course do what they like, acting simply as
interested individuals.  But I don't think we will have anything like an
official statement or resolution of the board about this.

Thank you, Mark, for your recommendation.

--
Jim Hickstein
President, BayLISA