Registrar testimonials?

David C. Kovar kovar at 1srg.org
Sat Jul 6 20:31:51 PDT 2002

Greetings,

While we're talking about testimonials for services...

Can anyone recommend a good, reputable, reliable registrar? The ISP holding the secondary for my domains is probably going away, so it is probably time to move the domains and get a better primary/secondary set up, so I'd like someone who can do both.

I'd really like to avoid Verisign, who currently has most of my domains.

I tried NamesDirect (Los Gatos), but found two glaring and easily fixed problems on their web site, no response when I queried them about these problems, and they've billed me for my "test transfer" even though I cancelled it after finding the problems. (One problem occurs right after you finish setting up the transfer.)

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

-David