spam increase: fivefold, according to Brightmail

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Wed Jan 16 20:16:14 PST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:09:23AM -0800, David E. Weekly wrote:
> Interestingly enough, the *majority* of spam mail I receive is in Chinese.
> I'm not Chinese myself, nor have I visited Chinese sites, so I don't think
> I've been specially selected or anything.
>
> Has anyone else also seen this? It's to the point where I just delete all
> non-Roman-character email now. ~10-20 Chinese messages a day, maybe more.

I get plenty more ASCII than otherwise.  The other day I was thinking
it'd be neat to pass a law providing for 1 year in jail, and/or $100,000
fine for anyone convicted of sending UCE.  The idea is someone might get
parole, but have to sheepishly admit to their "business associate" that
they can't actually send or receive e-mail for the next n months as a
term of their parole.

Ahhh, such lovely dreams I have.  I'm not talking about IMPLENTATION, so
don't try to debate me, it's just that "I have a dream" ...

Uhmmm, back to your own manual mail-filtering, now. :)

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/