Save our jobs.

joe bsd joebsd1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 17:26:40 PST 2002

I think this is an apropriate topic, because we all need jobs and
like
to put food on our tables.

My name is Guy Santiglia.

I think the law intended that American Citizens are to be considered
first for employment in their own country.  In practice it doesn't
protect our jobs at all.

While thousands of Americans were losing there jobs in 2001, Sun
Microsystems was applying for more H1-B visas.  About 1,000 by my
estimate.  Go figure.  If you don't believe me, go to 8000 Central
Ave, Newark and request to see Sun's 2001 LCA file( Labor Condition
Aplication).  This is public access information.  It's your right to
see them.

When a company has to lay people off, Citizenship or permanent
resident status is not even considered in making the decision.
I think this is just plain wrong.

The INS is authorized to issue at least 195,000 H1-B visas in 2002.
How much do you think you have to pay somebody from India to make it
worth there while to come to America.  I just had an idea to save
our economy:

Issue 1,000,000 H1-B visas let them work for less than the market
rate and all the companies can survive.  If Americans want the jobs
they'll have to take the same pay as the H1-B's.

This is what is happening already.  Take a step back and look at it.

And Dimitry,

If they were paying you less than market value, then they were in
violation of the law.  The law is supposed to protect American wages
from falling as a result of the H1-B visas.  Would you care to
mention
the company that paid you less than market wage?

Guy Santiglia