Urgently looking for semi-ancient SCSI controller

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 16:22:52 PST 2002

My main email, DNS, web, ssh and you-name-the-service server died today because
the SCSI controller kicked it.

I'd just go out and buy a new one, but the twist is that this system is an
21164 Alpha powered LX164 motherboard.  So this is what I'm trying to find:

A Symbios or NCR 53C875 PCI SCSI controller that *is* bootable and has a 50 pin
and 68 pin internal connector on it.  The ex-controller that I'm staring at is
circa 1998-1999.  If you have one of these beasties moldering in your closet,
attic, garage, etc, I'd be willing to pay up to $30 for one.  I'd also be happy
to drive over and extract same from a chassis if you live near/around the Bay
Area.

This card will eventually be in service to a Red Hat Linux 7.1 server under the
Alpha SRM console.

For the record, I have already been to Disk Drive Depot, HSC, and Action
Computer and Surplus today to find a used one and struck out.  There's not even
any bootable Symbios cards which I know for certain will work on ebay much to
my chagrin.

Thanks.

Mark