BayLISA tomorrow, Dec 19, 7:30 pm

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Sat Dec 21 02:55:14 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 08:55:20AM -0800, Alf Wachsmann wrote:
> Heather Stern wrote on Wed, 18 Dec 2002:
> > Short But Cool . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> >        * Using PXE for workstation autoinstalls of Linux - Jim Dennis
>
> The PXE-Kickstart HowTo I talked about yesterday is available under
> 	http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/

Oh, hey, too bad I'm in the field, er, on sabbatical, in Asia, er.

I've played with FreeBSD in this vein.  The resource for BSD nerds, if
you wanna compare notes, is http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe/ ...
my own notes on the subject of doing installs from that point, were left
with an old employer, though I should have a copy somewhere, if anyone
wants to learn of the gotchyas I got to wrestle with - doing the disk
partitioning on FreeBSD non-interactively was pretty weird.

The "Alfred" connection struck a chord. :)

Regards,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/