Verisign/NetSol: FW: Misleading Advertising

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Apr 30 21:02:03 PDT 2002

I fired NSI some time ago, shortly after they started selling the WHOIS
database in bulk.  Even after I took the trouble to opt out in writing, I
still get spam at that address (which I now use for nothing else; it's
slated to go directly to razor-report soon).

Check out www.domainmonger.com, an OpenSRS reseller that I've found
responsive to my needs.  One person there, when I asked whether they would
ever sell the billing address which they necessarily compel me to provide,
said, "Several people here would have to die horrible deaths before that
would happen."  So far, I'm happy.  Nothing to disclose, just a satisfied
customer.