Verisign/NetSol: FW: Misleading Advertising

Russel J. Witte rjwitte at rjwitte.com
Tue Apr 30 20:05:50 PDT 2002

This is Verisign's response to my complaint that they began "billing" for a
domain that doesn't expire for 6 more months. I never gave them any
information concerning this domain, they simply harvested it from the
opensrs database. BTW, I checked with the Silicon Valley Better Business
Bureau ... check out their "unsatisfactory record" :

http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?compid=204813

Well, I guess I start moving my clients from Versign/Network Solutions,
Verisign Cybercash/Payflow and Versign secure certificates... I no longer
"trust" them and will consider their email to be spam.

Russ