rack related issues

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Mon Apr 15 11:00:55 PDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:18:01AM -0700, Dean Kao wrote:
> Hey guys
>
>    I was wondering where in the bay area I can pickup a rack,
> patch panel, and a rack mountable switch.  I know I can get
> these a rack and a patch panel at Frys but I dont think I've
> seen a rack mountable switch there.  Are there places that
> sell more rack mountable equipment around?  I'm also looking
> for cisco 2500s locally too.

You can try Halted, aka "HSC"

They definitely have racks - I saw some very tough ones there recently.
Equipment itself varies.

>    In terms of the rack, can people with install experience give me
> some advice?  Anything would be great.
>
> Thanks!!
> Dean

I've limited experience in *installing* rack rather than just using them
but I should warn you that there is more than one "standard" size and the
difference has bitten people buying parts to rackmount.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078