My last plea,

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Sun Apr 14 09:31:52 PDT 2002

Geez, and here I thought the problem was the Irish/Freed slaves/
Italians/Chinese/Mexicans/Other recent immigrant group.  (okay,
mexico was right here 160 years ago, but).

I've avoided this thread, but I'm seeing EXACT repeats of labor/
immigrant issues over the last, hmmm, 40,000 years? (damn neanderthals,
taking perfectly good jobs from the sapiens).

The H1B issue that I see as fixable was the increase that Congress
allowed during a boom.  Congress responds to "to continue to be an
american success story, we need people, and there aren't any"

As has been brought up the first time this thread was alive: If
it's whining about them dang furiners coming and taking our jobs,
then whine elsewhere.  Yeah, I've worked with folks who had few
skills, no imagination and didn't cut it.  The vast majority of the
time, I've worked with folks who have busted their butts, been well
educated and able to learn new things.  Oh, both H1B and American
citizens.

If your goal is to advocate a SPECIFIC action - call your representative
(free for Working Assetts Long Distance subscribers), tell them to
support or vote against bill number HRxxx, then great.  Offer that.

Otherwise, please let this thread go back to rest.

Quoting Robin Rowe (rower at MovieEditor.com):