colo phones

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Fri Apr 5 12:19:03 PST 2002

Quoting "Joe Gross" <jgross at stimpy.net>:
> Well, most Radio Shack phones are pretty damn annoying in their ring tone
> > - Can be used in a noisy enviornment (cupped earpiece, volume control,
> > noise canceling, etc)

And the best way I've found to reduce noise when listening is
to cover the MOUTHPIECE (or mute) - it's a full duplex setup,
so you remove the machine room from being part of the conversation.

Buy a GHz, try it.  If it doesn't work, return it the next day.

Making radio not be affected by lots of machines that emit, er,
EMI in that frequency is hard.  I'm a fan of excessively long cords
with spring wound reels some times.

Or replace all the machines' CPUs with nice ARM chips and you can
remove many of the fans :)