colo phones

Michael Gracy mike at caressofsteel.net
Thu Apr 4 18:25:19 PST 2002

Well, most Radio Shack phones are pretty damn annoying in their ring tone
and volume.  Look at something with the 2.whatever Ghz transmitters.  They
seem to go pretty far.  Just don't step in front of an operating microwave
with one, it receives mondo interference from the mickywave.  :)
As far as headset, there are many models that have one.  Try an earpiece
that goes in the ear?  I do know that the larger the speaker, the more
current that it requires to operate efficiently so a large cup covering the
ear may not be an option.  Nothing stops you from modifying a set of over
the ear protectors to cover what you need.  They will look a little silly
though.  Also consider getting a remote ring indicator so that if you aren't
around the base or handset, you can still see a flashing light or something.

Anyone else have any input?

Mike