Conference bridge idiocy

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Thu Dec 13 14:21:31 PST 2001

I have a conference bridge where the "host" has a separate access code from
the "participants", and the host code is supposed to be kept secret.
Naturally, everyone sends both codes in the email announcing any meeting.

Does this happen to you, too?  Does anybody have a cure for it?  (Short of
cutting off their hands, I mean.)  How about a shot at naming the root
cause?

I just got a piece of email from a Huge Telephone Company, from the guy who
is _trying to sell me conference bridge service_, and he did this very same
thing.  I had the nerve to point it out to him (vendors != people, after
all), and he confirmed that he's not supposed to send the host code to
everyone.  He _knew_, and he still did it.

*sigh*

-Jim,
Looking at a pile of accounts-payable reports and slowly shaking his head.