Theoretical vs Practical Knowledge

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 13 11:00:12 PST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:42:36 -0800 (PST)
star  <Heather> wrote:

> I find that documenting my work helps a lot, even if it's just a
> cheap README - the me at noon is not the same me as the one who
> hasn't had coffee yet, or the one one a good coding roll at 10 pm
> or so, or the one trying to get something un-broken in the wee
> hours before the madding crowd returns at 7:30 to 8 am.  YMMV but
> even wimpy docs are often better than none.

Aye.  I like using a WikiWiki for that sort of thing.  Easy to post
to, easy to search, keeps things tracked and organised, easy for
others to reference and add to, etc.  I like TWiki in particular for
this sort of thing (twiki.org) as it does revision and access
control, and installs with a base set of TWIki'd documentation.

--
J C Lawrence