Cable Tags/Cable labels

Chuck Yerkes chuck at snew.com
Thu Dec 13 10:20:01 PST 2001

Tags suck.  Tags pull out other things when you pull a cable.  Shrink
wrap is good.  Don't label them things likes "sybase01" give it a
label that's a pointer to that:  115701 which is charted to "sybase01"
(in LDAP or DNS TXT records AND a wallchart in the cable room (with
an expire date)).

I'm a big fan of having a really lowly computer in the cable room
that nobody wants to steal.  3Com Audrys or Wyse50's with w3m
do beautifully for query terminals.

Quoting Alberto Begliomini (aub at coldstone.com):