Theoretical vs Practical Knowledge [was: Re: Opportunity for Usability Evaluation]

Daniel Curry pineapp at cutter.rexx.com
Wed Dec 12 13:18:56 PST 2001

   I have to respond to these e-mails.

1) As long as I have been on this list. I say this has got
   to be very noisy in the last week.
2) I have interviewed folks with bachelor and master degrees from
   Cal and other schools. My finding is that because they have a
   degree, does not mean that they can take over a major critical
   system.
   Especially  "book learn" knowledge.
3) I will take anyone with working knowledge (5 years or more) over
   anyone who just graduated from college. Now that does not mean
   if a person had the working knowledge before entry to college.

 This is my personal opinion.
--
| INTERNET: pineapp at rexx.com   (DC436)  | Daniel Curry             |