[Baylisa] Save the environment and win iPhone 6 (contest from CleanBayArea)

Matt F. Cary matt.cary at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 16 09:38:47 PST 2015

At 2015/01/16/08:26 -0800 Roy Rapoport <rsr at inorganic.org> wrote:
> On 1/15/15 11:33 PM, Victor Gichun wrote:
> >Hi everyone, this is Victor Gichun with CleanBayArea.
>
> Shocked I am not.  For those who haven't looked at the archives
> lately, allow me to summarize activity on this mailing list over the
> last four months:
>
> December: 3 emails, all from Victor Gichun, promoting his business
> November: 1 email, from Victor Gichun
> October: 1 email, from Victor Gichun
> September: 1 email, from Robert Novak.  Non-commercial.  Yay.
>
> In true open-source fashion, I can of course unsubscribe and avoid
> the annoyance.  The question, however, is: Is this what we want this
> mailing list to be? Should we just make Victor Gichun the admin for
> this mailing list and admit it's a distribution list for
> CleanBayArea spam?

I hadn't noticed the pattern, but I certainly agree that
emails like the last one are clearly inappropriate.  It's
often good for a mailing list to be low volume, but this
one is too low, IMO.  I'd like to at least see the
announcement of the monthly meeting here, since I seldom
go to the BayLisa Meetup page.

I use GreenCitizen for recycling anyways, with whom I have
no affiliation.   :-)

--
"It is as useless to argue with those who have renounced the use and
authority of reason as to administer medication to the dead."