[Baylisa] Glad BayLISA retains some of its own operations

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 3 15:42:12 PST 2015

I notice BayLISA's trend of outsourcing to Meetup.com, and requiring
Meetup.com membership for participation in most of what BayLISA does,
continues.  (I politely disagreed with the rest of the Board of
Directors on this policy, and that was the reason I declined to run for
another term.)

Specifically:

http://www.baylisa.org/ is now a 302 temporary redirect to
http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/ .  Looks like that redirect was
implemented some time in the 3rd quarter of 2014.

The Meetup.com page includes 'We use Meetup to coordinate meeting
attendance, announcements, and reminders.  We have our official
organizational presence on the web, including links to membership,
sponsorship, and mailing lists, at www.baylisa.org [link].'

In the current pages, there is actually no information whatsoever about
the mailing lists, and no path to those mailing lists or the BayLISA Web
site (if that Web site still exists).

Direct Mailman links still work.  For convenience, they are: