[Baylisa] Calling off tomorrow's meeting, calling for help with future meeting

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Feb 20 16:36:44 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to report that we have no speaker lined up for tomorrow's
meeting, so we will be cancelling the meeting.

If you would like to get your tech fix on, LSPE is holding a meeting
at 6pm at Yahoo on Dynamic Scaling.
http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Large-Scale-Production-Engineering/
has details and RSVPs.

The next BayLISA meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 21, 2013 at
7:30pm. RSVP/Details when available will be at:

http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/events/63736772/

o/________________________________________
o\

We'd like to avoid this speaker shortage in the future though.

I'm looking for people who are able and willing to help with finding
speakers and topics. We have a Board of Directors who normally
coordinate these efforts, but most of the board has been too busy to
follow through with this lately.

If you have the time to contribute an hour or two a week of effort
toward the operation of BayLISA, we invite you to come to a board
meeting and consider getting involved, either as a supporting attendee
(not an official title, just someone who shows up and helps), or as a
future board member.

Even if you don't have that time, if you have speakers or topics you'd
suggest for future meetings, or can put us in contact with people
you're interested in introducing to BayLISA, that will definitely
help. Feel free to get in touch with me directly if you'd like to help
in either way.

I know from conversations before and after the meetings over the past
2+ years that not everyone likes every topic or speaker we bring in,
and some of you don't like any of them. This is a great way to help
address this issue, if you sincerely want to help.

o\

Let me know if you have any questions. Once again, no meeting tomorrow
(February 21, 2013). Next general meeting is scheduled for March 21,
2013, at Yahoo. Watch the Meetup page for the latest updates.

Thanks,
Robert