[Baylisa] New mailing list server, openings for Short But Cool next week

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jun 11 23:20:59 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

Welcome to the new and long-deferred BayLISA web and mail server. We've
retired the old dual-processor Ultra 2 and migrated to a Postfix+Mailman
mail environment.

There's still a bit of tweaking to be done, but we think things are mostly
working now. baylisa-jobs and the members mailing list will be coming in
the next day or two, and we will be putting the list archives up for
members to browse if they so desire.

Next BayLISA Meeting - Short but Cool, June 21, 7:30pm.
RSVP/Updates at http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/events/42778262/

We do still have openings for short-but-cool talks for the June 21st
meeting. The slots are 10-15 minutes, with preference to live demos or
practical experience reports. Powerpoint recitations on their own merits
aren't so great, unless you are REALLY creative.

Get in touch with me directly, or directors at baylisa.org, if you'd like to
sign up for a slot. Send a 5-25 word bio and 5-25 word talk synopsis, and
a link if you like, and we'll add you to the list.

As always, any suggestions, comments, questions, or ideas for future
events are welcome. Drop me a note or contact directors at .

Thanks,
Robert Novak
BayLISA President