[Baylisa] Interesting reactions to Cisco/Linksys goings-on

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jul 9 20:39:26 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting David Wolfskill (david at catwhisker.org):
>
>> Someone at work [disclosure: my employer considers Cisco its biggest
>> competitor] directed our attention to
>> <http://boingboing.net/2012/07/03/cisco-locks-customers-out-of-t.html>.
>>
>> Some of that material may well be of interest to folks involved in
>> BayLISA.
>
> And in conclusion, how 'bout that OpenWRT?  ;->

Only the latest EA-series routers were affected by this "feature"
rollout. And I don't see those routers on the OpenWRT (or DDWRT)
lists.

So those of you with open firmware capable Linksys gear would have
been safe anyway, and those of you with the most recent 2-3 models,
well, you'll be able to roll back this change and hope for Marvell
chipset support, from what I'm reading.

Curse, or blessing, little of column A, little of column B either way
I guess. :)

Rob