Checking on DNS secondaries

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sat May 21 19:35:17 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:44:21PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> What do folks use to check up on DNS secondaries?
>
> My nameserver does master nameservice for a user group's domain (scruz.org).
> A few days ago, I discovered that _all four_ secondaries had flaked out:
> Two reIPed and didn't tell me, one shut off scruz.org service and didn't
> tell me, one ceased all DNS service and didn't tell me.  I found and fixed
> the problems, but monitoring also seemed called for.

You may find the information at
<http://www.robtex.com/dns/scruz.org.html> of interest -- in particular,
<http://www.robtex.com/dns/scruz.org.html#summary> mentions (in part)
"... We are missing the IP:s of five servers: ns9.scruz.org,
ns6.scruz.org, ns8.scruz.org, ns7.scruz.org and ns1.scruz.org."

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.