Help us spread the word about BayLISA

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Mar 9 16:02:17 PST 2011

Hey everyone,

Have you been to a BayLISA meeting lately? Did you know we're giving
out jetpacks and hovercars now?

Well, neither did we, so it probably isn't going to happen. But we do
have an excellent opportunity to network with your colleagues in
system administration around the bay area, and to help us bring in
speakers and technologies of interest.

This month, I have friends from Arista Networks and Force 10 Networks
coming in to talk about nifty new stuff in their network platforms. We
have a couple of other ideas being worked on as well, but we can still
use your help.

* Invite a friend or coworker (or more than one) to come to the next
meeting. It's at 7:30pm on Thursday, March 17, at LinkedIn in Mountain
View. RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/events/16403756/ and get
more details.

* If you go to another local sysadmin/devops/technical meetup, mention
us when they have open discussion/announcements. Just tell people to
go to baylisa.org or meetup.com/baylisa ... both will be updated more
often going forward.

* If you know or hear a speaker you think would be of interest, either
send us a note at blw at baylisa.org or through the Meetup site, or
direct the speaker toward us at the same venues. We have a few
openings this year, and we're always looking to diversify our
presentations and keep new and old attendees interested.

* If you *are* a speaker you think would be of interest to local
sysadmins, get in touch with us too. We have openings for full hour
presentations (or half hours if we can get two in the same month), as
well as June and December "short topics" sessions where you get about
10 minutes to talk very concisely about something that might not
warrant a full hour.

As always, if you have questions or comments about BayLISA, feel free
to contact any of us on the board or blw at baylisa.org. We'd love to
hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Rob