Reminder: BayLISA with Jim Dennis on scripting, Thur 7/21 7:30pm

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Jul 19 11:53:11 PDT 2011

Hi all,

BayLISA's next meeting is this coming Thursday, July 21, at 7:30pm. We're
meeting at 2051 Stierlin Ct, the LinkedIn site we've been in for the last
couple of months. Follow the sandwichboard signs to the location if you're
new to the site.

Please RSVP at

 	http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/events/17181980/

so we can prepare the space accordingly. We don't currently have a sponsor
for the meeting, so you'll want to eat beforehand (or have your employer
get in touch with directors at baylisa.org ASAP to sponsor pizza&beer for the
meeting).

This month:

 	Jim Dennis, a past presenter at BayLISA, will be returning to
 	speak on scripting, with a special emphasis on "Those Tiny
 	Fragments We All Use," and "Acing the Interview" as regards a
 	sysadmin's required level of scripting knowledge.

 	It is his hope that by this means, seasoned admins, as well as
 	those among us who may be less comfortable with a lot of
 	scripting, and the actively employed as well as those who may be
 	not-so-well-employed-as-they-like whether consulting or not, will
 	all be able to benefit.

We'd also like to welcome Rick Collette to the board of BayLISA. Rick has
a long history with open source software and system administration, having
been responsible for both BSD and Linux distributions over the years.

We're looking for suggestions/volunteers for upcoming meetings. Contact
directors at baylisa.org if you'd like to make a comment or suggestion or
volunteer to speak/sponsor at a future meeting.

Thanks,
Robert Novak
BayLISA Secretary/Cheerleader