Upcoming meetings... what do you want to learn about?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Feb 6 23:54:28 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

We're just about a week and a half from the February 17th BayLISA
general meeting, featuring a presentation on BIND 10 by a developer
from ISC, the Internet Systems Consortium.

On the schedule for March 17th is an alternative networking
presentation featuring some technically inclined folks from Arista
Networks and Force 10 Networks.

Hope you can make to one or both of these sessions. RSVP and/or see
more details as they become available, at the BayLISA Meetup site:
http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/

I'm trying to gauge interest in another short-topics session,
tentatively set for June. A bunch of 10 minute presentations and one
or two 20-30 minute presentations would make a very dense and
satisfying evening. We probably won't do the forced ignite-style
presentation, but keeping the presentations concise and on-track would
be helpful to all involved. If you'd be interested in presenting, or
have a suggestion for a presenter/topic, feel free to contact me
directly or post on the list.

But beyond that, what would you like to hear about? Who would you like
to see? What are you seeing on the Internet that you want a more
personal introduction to? What have you discovered at work that you'd
like to share? (That latter bit is why I organized the alternative
networking session. I might not have learned about some of this stuff
but for sales reps moving around the industry.)

And even further beyond that... what more do you want/need from
BayLISA as an organization, if anything? Are you just in it for the
presentations and free sodas? Is there something you'd really like to
see from the organization, either as a general benefit or a specific
membership perk? What would convince you to become a full member, or
to renew your current membership when it expires?

Looking forward to hearing from a lot of you.

Robert