You're invited! BayLISA meeting Thursday 12/15 - LogicMonitor, CloudStack, Source Ninja, PC-BSD

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Dec 13 09:45:51 PST 2011

Greetings, friends of BayLISA.

Here's a friendly reminder of the upcoming BayLISA meeting this
Thursday, December 15, at 7:30pm.
This month is our twice-yearly Short Topics (Short But Cool) meeting.
We're welcoming friends from LogicMonitor (hosted monitoring solution),
CloudStack (IaaS platform), and Source Ninja (open source patch/
bug/vulnerability management), as well as PC-BSD for the "keynote."
iXsystems is graciously feeding our attendees. More details and
speaker bios are at the Meetup site ( http://bit.ly/v8S7UI ).

We're meeting at the usual location, LinkedIn's 2051 Stierlin Ct
building in Mountain View. We appreciate the courtesy of our members
and guests who RSVP through Meetup ( http://bit.ly/v8S7UI ) so we can
arrange
for refreshments and ensure enough space. It's looking to be a busy
one this month, so please RSVP soon. We may outgrow our space this
month, and we're working on  larger meeting spaces at LinkedIn, so
 check the Meetup page before you head out, or follow the signs when you
get there.

Next month (January 19, 2012) we're pleased to welcome Mark Burgess
of CFEngine.com to speak on "SysAdmin 3.0: The Infrastructure Engineer."
Many of you may have seen Dr Burgess speak at LISA this month.
This is a great opportunity to meet him in a smaller environment and
see what he's seeing in our industry and ask your questions. Also looking
to be a popular session--please RSVP through Meetup ( http://bit.ly/tP8BEw)
if you plan to come.

We have a 60-spot "limit" on Meetup, because if we get over that, we'll
need to work on moving to another meeting space. If you get in after the 60
spots are filled, please sign up for the waiting list and check back. We'll
update the site if we change location or space. Likewise, please update
your RSVP if you discover you can't make it. We will do our best to
safely accommodate drop-ins of course.

HEY: Did you see someone at LISA, or run into someone at work, who you
think
would make an intriguing and beneficial presenter at a future BayLISA
meeting? If so, please let me know. We have some people lined up
and some on our wish list, but we want to make this the most useful
group for all Bay Area sysadmins (and those of you from outside the
Bay Area who might find yourselves out here on a third Thursday!).

Thanks, and hope to see a few of you this Thursday...

Robert Novak
BayLISA President