how far have mac's made it into large installations?

Steve Acheson satch at cisco.com
Sun Apr 24 12:44:05 PDT 2011

yeah, and iTerm on OSX does it too.  The problem is that those of us
multi-button mouse X11 weaned users understand efficiency in the UI.
Select in one app, move the mouse, paste.   I constantly forget that FF
doesn't do copy-on-select and end up pasting something else in my target
window.

Even on Windows you can set the Focus-Follows-Mouse option.  I haven't
found a way to do it on OSX, which seems strange to me, but I guess
Apple needs to keep all App's inputs simplified for the developer space
or something.

While I love tinkering with Linux on servers and even playing with
settings on a desktop, for me OSX is still a better corporate compatible
desktop than linux.  Most things I need to do my job are already there
or just an App install.   Having said that, I was able to get Windows to
do 90% of what I needed with the UI tweaks and cigwin+rxvt installed.

Linux just takes too much time to administer over the long run (for the
desktop UI only) for me.  I still fondly remember tweaking out my fvwm
and fvwm2 setups for hours into the night to get it just right...  But
these days, I just don't have the time or patience to do that for my
main desktop.

satch