how far have mac's made it into large installations?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Apr 23 15:33:25 PDT 2011

Quoting David Wolfskill (david at catwhisker.org):

> Well, I had an opportunity to get a Mac at work, so I did.  I tried to
> use it, but found it incredibly frustrating -- in fairness, much of that
> was likely because most of the time I actually *needed* to use it was
> because my (then-)manager wanted me to do something with a Microsoft
> application.  (My relationship with Microsoft might charitably be
> characterized as "very hostile.")

Fortunately, one can run FreeBSD on them quite well.  Nothing wrong
with a Mac that provisioning it with an operating system can't fix. ;->

--
Cheers,                      "On American pronunciation:  You say erbs and we
Rick Moen                    say herbs.  Because, you know, there's an H in it."