Opinions sought on information presentation

Ramin K ramin-list at badapple.net
Wed Apr 20 13:43:26 PDT 2011

On 4/19/2011 9:42 PM, David Wolfskill wrote:
> While I'm not actually a sysadmin per se any more, there's a fair amount
> of overlap between what I'm doing and what I did as a sysadmin.  And
> it's possible that some of y;all might find some of it of interest,
> so....

	Have you looked at Collectd? It does quite a bit out of the box and is
pulling in the same stats you are though I do like the looks of your
graphs. What I enjoy about Collectd is that stats collection happens
locally and is periodically pushed upstream where it is eventually
flushed out to rrd files. Makes it easy to automate installation of
graphing in most environments. http://collectd.org/

	Here are a few graphs from one of my systems generated with the
included cgi script. I believe you can make nicer graphs from the source
rrd files, but I haven't had time to look at that yet.

http://badapple.net/images/cpu0.png
http://badapple.net/images/cpu1.png
http://badapple.net/images/load.png

Ramin