Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Sep 16 11:18:26 PDT 2010

[Apologies if this seems familiar; I originally posted it to a FreeBSD
mailing list.  The thought occurred to me that BayLISA is, after all,
for "Large Installations," and that some folks with useful insights
might not subscribe to the list to which I originally posted.  Also,
while the message was originally specific for FreeBSD, I believe that
other *BSDs might reasonably qualify, as there remains a fair amount of
cross-pollination among them.]

My employer has been using HP machines a fair amount over the last
couple of years (that I know of); I just received the following request
from a contact in IT:

| I had a chat with our  HP support team today try to get better
| FreeBSD support on RAID controller in DL180. One thing that they
| requested is to see ifwe can provide them a list of commercial
| companies that still have large scale of FreeBSD deployment. They
| mentioned that Yahoo is gradually moving away from FreeBSD. Do you
| have some names that we can provide them? The ideais they can take
| the list back to HP and  try to argue for more FreeBSD support.
| They hired a guy to do FreeBSD support, but he left HP and went to
| Google with his FreeBSD knowledge.

Any help?  Thanks!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.