Non IRC based live chat for collaboration?

Nicole nicole at unixgirl.com
Fri May 7 10:38:45 PDT 2010

 Thanks everyone for the great options!
  IRC was frowned on for security but also its pain to teach to
semi-technical folks like graphics designers etc..
 But I'm going to pitch using jabber anyway.

Will also look into Openfire.

 Google wave also seems interesting. However I need to investigate more
the statement  "Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit
the content and add participants at any point in the process."  Whether
someone can at least just knock to be let in or if they have to contact
using another means to ask to be added.

  Be most well.

  Nicole

--
"Fundamental Christianity:  the idea that there is an all-knowing,
all-seeing, all-powerful, universe-spanning entity that for some