In search of >1.544Mb/s bandwidth & a static IPv4 address for home

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon May 3 13:20:50 PDT 2010

After some struggle with Comcast, ILEC SDSL, then an actual T1, I'm back to
Comcast and fairly satisfied with their business offering.  /29 and 6Mbits
(down, not symmetric) for $69.95/mo.

It's the same gorillas at the pole who once summarily disconnected my entire
neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon but, importantly, with the "business" bit
set they answer the phone and will dispatch 7x24.  A "recreational user" doesn't
get a dispatch, or even the ability to talk to a human being, before Monday
morning.  This is in STPLMNEM (so to speak).  YMMV.