Candidacy statement

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Wed Nov 18 00:51:04 PST 2009

Hi,

This is a quick statement to declare that I'm running for a spot on
the BayLISA board of directors in this month's elections.

I got my degree in astrophysics & "played with computers" as a hobby;
now, I've been a sysadmin in the Bay Area for over ten years & hardly
remember much astronomy (at least not without trying hard :^)  I'm
interested in helping to guide the organization through the impending
server swap & website cleanup, and through the process of figuring out
how our group should "fit" in the community of Bay Area tech groups &
start kicking the can down that path.

Thanks for reading :^)

-Guy