Upcoming event - May 21, 2009

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Apr 23 21:32:59 PDT 2009

BayLISA May General Meeting - May 21, 2009
Topic: The Xen of Virtualization :
Packaging applications for deployment in large scale virtualized
environments.

During this discussion we will cover some of the drivers for why you would
choose this type of a deployment. We will then discuss some of the
virtualization design and deployment choices. Following that we will
highlight some of the engineering projects that Oracle's Linux engineers
are working on that should make it easier, and more performant to deploy
large scale virtualized environments.

We will then demo packaging an application using Oracle VM a Xen based
virtualization environment, with Just enough OS. BayLISA attendees can
expect to walk away with software, templates, and installguides -
everything you need to try this out on a spare box at home.

Bring your laptop to be prepared to try it out hands on if you are feeling
adventurous.

Jennifer