Stephen Smalley to speak at SVOSUG on 09/25/08

Alan DuBoff alan.duboff at sun.com
Wed Sep 10 03:56:24 PDT 2008

Stephen Smalley of the National Security Association will be speaking this
month at the SVOSUG meeting, on Sept. 25th, at the Sun Santa Clara campus, in
the room above the auditorium. This is located not far from Montague Expressway
and 101.

Stephen will talk about Flask and Type Enforcement. This is an excellent
opportunity for all of the open source communities to hear and ask any
questions about this technology they might have. Stephen doesn't make it out to
this coast too often, so I'd like to let folks know ahead of time so they can
plan ahead.

Flask and Type Enforcement is the technology used in SELinux today, and the
same technology being worked on for OpenSolaris, where Stephen is sharing the
lead with John Weeks of Sun Fed on the FMAC project.

You can find out more about FMAC at the OpenSolaris project page.

Sun Fed will be supplying pizza and beverages for this event. Please join us on
the evening of Sept. 25th at 7:30pm.

You can always find the most current info on my blog, which is located at:

http://blogs.sun.com/aland/

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group