Software to keep track of patch panel connections?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Mon Mar 10 15:28:51 PDT 2008

My search foo must be weak or there is just no such thing:

Has anyone seen or is using software to keep track of patch panel/cross
connects? In our colocation we have now around 840 ports on patch panels
and a few hundred ports on network switches. I want to start to put this
into a database, for two reasons: Remote Hands and replacement of network
switches.

Soon we will replace our current network switches, so I need an inventory
of what is connected where, so I can layout the new switches in advance.

And as we do much remote, being able to tell the remote hand "check
cable X going from A to B to C" would be helpful.

So has anyone run across some scripts/software/database to do that?

--
Regards, Ulf.