Recommending "one" book to any System Administrator

Jennifer Davis iennae at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 21:52:17 PDT 2008

For many years I have recommended either Essential System
Administration from O'Reilly, or The Practice of System and Network
Administration from Addison Wesley, but I have recently really gotten
into Modern Operating Systems.  I think it's essential with a lot of
fundamentals that could help with some of the critical thinking
processes that are part of being a _good_ system administrator.  It's
really making me reevaluate how I would frame a "Introduction to
System Administration" course.

What book do you recommend as sort of the general purpose system
administrator book and why?

--
Jennifer Davis