looking for a few good sysadmins; BayLISA July 17, 2008

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Apr 17 19:41:37 PDT 2008

Folks,

We are organizing a "What makes a good Sysadmin" type presentation for the
BayLISA July meeting to be held July 17, 2008.  If you have some
suggestions, or if you feel like you have something to contribute about
what it takes to be a good sysadmin, please contact me off the list at
sigje at sigje.org.

One of the focuses will be taking some very specific problems, and walking
through steps to debugging what is really going on.  It will also include
some of the soft skills that are important.

This will be geared to two sets of people.. beginner types that are
interested in system administration as a career and medium to expert types
that want to kick their system skills up a notch.

I'd especially love to get some folks involved that have solved
interesting problems (Whether that's large scale with lots of systems, or
managing to provide services to large amounts of people with small amounts
of resources).

--

Jennifer Davis

http://www.baylisa.org - BayLISA events