BayLISA September general meeting - September 20th @Yahoo

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Mon Sep 17 14:12:55 PDT 2007

Our general meeting for the month of September will be held in our usual
location at Yahoo, Sunnyvale. In Bldg E, classroom 9

This months talk is titled "Trade-Offs in Building Entire Networks in Software"
by Dirk Morris, CTO, Untangle.

Untangle, an open source software company, has developed a virtualization
platform for packaging and delivering networking applications that make it
easier for businesses to adopt open source software.

In this presentation, Untangle's Founder/CTO, Dirk Morris, will layout a
new model for deploying software at the network gateway to overcome the
challenges of running multiple applications (firewall, IPS, VPN, AV,
anti-spam, anti-spyware, etc.) on standard x86 based hardware. Dirk will
present an insider's look at the tradeoffs Untangle made when designing a
virtual network and tricks learned in maintaining high performance between
competing applications running on the same system.

Pizza and soda as usual. Doors open at 7, talks to start at 7:30.

Directions to Yahoo see http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/press/address.cfm
and turn left into Bldg E, rather than right into Bldg. D.

Details also at http://www.baylisa.org