CoolTech Club with Igor Plotnikov , September 5, 2007

SVEvents SVEvents at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 17:19:15 PDT 2007

Dear BayLisa members!

CoolTech Club  invites you to our September 5 meeting with Igor Plotnikov,
serial entrepreneur, technologist and big supporter of our Club. By popular
demand, this presentation will be significantly technical - do not forget to
bring your engineering hats ;-)

Please find details and sign up at http://www.khirman.com/ctc/20070905 .

Please do not forget to SIGN UP! Pizza will be ordered strictly on
registered headcount ( if you  registered, but can't attend , just send me a
note)

See you next Wednesday!

Stas Khirman

Pioneering SSL VPNs - technological lesson from successful startup founder.

Dr. Plotnikov presents in-depth technical and business review of SSL VPNs  -
innovative network security technology he pioneered with his uRoam startup.

By leveraging the ubiquity, extensibility, ease of use of the web browser as
a client, and the robustness of https protocol as a transport, SSL VPNs
(Secure Sockets Layer Virtual Private Networks) deliver a comprehensive set
of tools to cover wide range of user scenarios from occasional Intranet
access to enterprise-scale remote access solutions with load balancing,
failover, and fine-grained access-controls.

In conclusion, Dr. Plotnikov discusses useful lessons to learn from uRoam
history of conception, founding and funding, growth and successful
acquisition by one of the best network equipment companies.

PRESENTER

Igor Plotnikov, Ph.D., Director of Engineering, Cisco Systems.

Dr. Plotnikov is a serial entrepreneur, inventor and engineer.

Dr. Plotnikov works on network security solutions at Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO)
after the acquisition of his second startup MI Secure. Previously to MI
Secure, he served as VP of Engineering at F5 Networks. He joined F5
(NASDAQ:FFIV) as a result of its acquisition of uRoam, Inc. a pioneer in the
SSL VPN market. Before co-founding uRoam, Dr. Plotnikov worked for Netscape
Communications on key products such as CoolTalk and Netscape Conference.

Prior to Netscape, he held the position of scientist at InSoft, which was
acquired by Netscape in 1996. Early in his career, he was a co-founder and
chief engineer at Stoik Software, Ltd., a private Russian company dedicated
to image processing software development. He received his physicist-engineer
diploma with honors from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
followed by a Ph.D. in Physico-Mathematical Sciences from the Institute in
1988.

WHEN

Wednesday, September 5, 2007
7:00pm - 10:00pm
(Please be on time - we need to close doors at 7:15.
Feel free to call me at 408-4803190 if you need any assistance).

WHERE

DLA Piper
2000 University Avenue
East Palo Alto, California
94303
(Just behind Four Seasons hotel)

(driving directions :
http://www.dlapiper.com/global/about/offices/office.aspx?office=12
<http://www.dlapiper.com/global/about/offices/office.aspx?office=12&show=dir
ections> &show=directions )

AGENDA

7:00-7:15   -  Welcome and Networking
7:15-7:20   -  Welcome address and Club news
7:20-9:00   -  "Pioneering SSL VPNs - technological lesson from successful
startup founder" by Dr. Plotnikov
9:00-9:15   -  Break and Networking
9:15-10:00 - Open Discussion and Brainstorm!

COST:    $5 to cover Pizza and soft drinks

RSVP - mandatory! Please sign up on  <http://www.khirman.com/ctc/20070905>
http://www.khirman.com/ctc/20070905 !!!